Manchester City Council is a long-standing supporter of gender equality and supports annual activities every March to promote and celebrate International Women’s Day (8 March).
In 2022, Manchester City Council is keen to continue the celebrations with a walk on Sunday 6th March 2022 and an event for awardees of this grant fund on Saturday 12 March 2022 as well as smaller citywide events. As always, we would love to see some great women delivering great activities to celebrate the role of women in our society in support of our wider event.
This year, to be as flexible as possible, we welcome applications for funding to deliver a celebration of International Women’s Day either online, hybrid or in-person.
We want to make International Women’s Day 2022 as accessible, participatory and enjoyable for everyone as possible.
Funding is therefore open to all, individuals and organisations, for anything that’s going to contribute to a really enjoyable celebration of women.
The general theme for 2022 is ‘shining a light’ on women and their lives through the past two years.
Key details and considerations for applications:
- You (or your organisation) must be based within the Manchester City Council region to be eligible for funding, your audience or participants can be based within this region and beyond but must include a majority Manchester residents.
- If you are a community group, you can apply for an annual Zoom licence so that your group can continue its activities online to support women throughout the year.
- Apply for funding to deliver a one-off celebration to take place on or around International Women’s Day 2022 and this can include a zoom licence for that event if taking place online or hybrid.
- The event or activity must benefit a minimum of 10 people.
- Make sure you tell us how your event or activity will help people.
- You need to follow the MCC accessibility guidance and explain how your event or activity will be accessible to all.
- Most of all get creative! Let us know your best ideas of how to deliver a celebration of International Women’s Day safely whether that’s online, hybrid or in-person.
The International Women’s Day 2021-22 fund is £10,000, and we want to support as many applicants from this as possible. Each applicant is therefore invited to apply for funding to the sum of either £100, £250 or £500.
Funding awards will be decided on by a funding review panel with an aim to support a broad spectrum of activity and recipients. Awards will be based on the relative merit of each application, not the sums being applied for.