The Women and Girls Match Fund is a match funding campaign for charities that are working to improve the lives of vulnerable, disadvantaged or underrepresented women and girls in England and Scotland.
All public donations made to participating charities via theBigGive.org.uk during the week of the campaign (8 – 15 March 2022) will be matched by DCMS’ Tampon Tax Fund until each organisation’s ring-fenced match funding award of either £2,500, £10,000 or £25,000 is used up.
To be eligible to apply, charities must meet all of the following criteria:
- Charities that are led by, for and with women and girls
- Charities that are working to improve the lives of vulnerable, disadvantaged or underrepresented women and girls in England and Scotland
- UK-registered charities with at least one year of filed accounts and an annual income of at least £25,000 (as per last filed accounts), or organisations with tax-exempt status for charitable purposes
- Charities which are registered on theBigGive.org.uk (free to register)
- Charities seeking to raise either £2,500, £10,000 or £25,000 in public donations (to be doubled by the match funds)
The Women and Girls Match Fund campaign is led by The Big Give – the UK’s leading platform for match funding – and supported by Rosa Fund, who are women and girls grantmaking specialists. I.G. Advisors, experts in social and environmental change, will also be supporting organisations that take part.
Participating charities will access:
- Up to £25,000 worth of match funding, provided by the DCMS’ Tampon Tax Fund
- I.G. Advisors’ digital fundraising expertise and support for match funding success
- A £375 grant to spend on digital capacity building for your organisation
- The power of a collaborative fundraising campaign, bringing renewed public attention to the issues your organisation works to address
By combining a tried and tested match funding model (proven to generate more and bigger donations) with expert digital capacity and fundraising support, the Women and Girls Match Fund will set your charity on the right track for fundraising sustainability and success.
Applications close: 11 January 2022