Hear from legal and policy experts, activists and survivors, on the realities of sexual harassment at work and legal routes for justice.
Four years on since the #MeToo movement took social media by storm, and silence breakers exposed the realities of sexual violence and abuse in the workplace, what has changed for women in the workplace?
Frontline legal charity, Rights of Women, is hosting a one-day online conference to mark the #MeToo anniversary. The conference will bring together legal and policy experts, activists and survivors, to share their expertise, knowledge and vision on how to address and end sexual harassment in the workplace.
This event is recommended for employment lawyers, in-house lawyers, human resource professionals, VAWG sector professionals, trade union representatives, law students and individuals with particular interest in sexual harassment at work and its legal context in England and Wales.
It will help deepen your understanding of sexual harassment and the issues facing women at work in the UK, and give you the tools to challenge the issue, empower victim-survivors to access justice, and hold employers and perpetrators to account.
Date & Time
19th November, 2021 – 9.45am
Ticket Prices & Promotions
- General admission: £50
- NGO and Trade Union workers: £30 (use promo code METOO30 at checkout)
- Unwaged: £20 (use promo code METOO20 at checkout)
The proceeds from ticket sales will go towards helping women experiencing sexual harassment at work get access to free expert legal advice from Rights of Women .
- The conference will be held online, via Zoom, with live captions.
- There will be breaks between each session.
- If you require British Sign Language (BSL) please select ‘British Sign Language (BSL)’ in the ‘Add On’ section at checkout.
- 9:45 – 10am Introductions
with Estelle du Boulay (Director) and Deeba Syed (Senior Legal Officer) at Rights of Women
- 10 – 11am Being alive to the psychology of bias in sexual harassment cases
with Dr Helen Mott
- 11:30am – 12:30pm After harassment has happened in the workplace: Immediate steps for safeguarding women
with Eleena Misra, Barrister
- 1:30 – 2:30pm Workplace sexual violence: law, practice and prevention
with Suzanne Mckie QC
- 3 – 4pm Where there’s blame, what’s the claim?: claims and damages for sexual harassment in negligence and under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997
with Rehana Azib, Barrister
- 4:30 – 5:30pm Panel discussion: should NDAs be banned for sexual harassment in the workplace cases?
- Finishes – 17:30
[Final line-up tbc]
Hosted by Deeba Syed, Rights of Women
with Zelda Perkins & Professor Julie Macfarlane, co-founders of the ‘Can’t Buy My Silence’ campaign
For full details and registration go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/rights-of-women-legal-conference-on-sexual-harassment-in-the-workplace-tickets-187791217587