Job Title: Education Assistant
Salary/ Rate: £10.52 per hour
Location: Greater Manchester
Closing Date: Midnight 25th October, 20201
Hours: 12 hours per week, term-time only
Education Assistant (Children’s Services)
Permanent post – 12 hours term time only
(There may be additional hours available both term time and through school holidays to meet the needs of the organisation)
£10.52 per hour
Due to exciting new opportunities, we are currently looking to recruit an innovative Education Assistant to join our highly experienced and dynamic Children’s Services Team. The post is part of an established team that delivers educational packages in schools and will contribute to our growing children and young people’s services.
Fortalice was established in 1977 to provide emergency accommodation and support for women and children experiencing domestic abuse within their own homes.
The organisation has expanded over the past years and now provides a wide range of services for women, families, children and young people within both the Refuge and the Outreach Support Centre. The ethos of Fortalice in relation to support is to focus on self-help, promoting self-esteem, confidence and independence to enable women to break free from abusive relationships and reduce the chance of re-victimisation thus moving on to a self-sustaining, independent life.
Purpose of the role:
The main area of work will involve the promotion and delivery of our specialist Healthy Relationships Programme. We consider the services we offer to children a prime element of our work and there is significant responsibility in relation to support and practical assistance to help the children and young people recover from the domestic abuse they have lived with. Through the delivery of our educational packages, this post will focus primarily on early intervention and prevention of domestic abuse by working directly with children in a classroom setting.
· Relevant childcare or teaching assistant qualification
· Knowledge of domestic abuse and its effects on women and children
· An ability to assist with work the organisation undertakes with groups of children in educating them on healthy relationships
· An ability to plan the delivery of educational programmes including creating, and using effectively assessment forms, evaluation tools to measure and record progress and outcomes and the scheduling and delivery of group work sessions (session plans, primary schools, resources etc.).
How to apply and other information:
· The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check due to the nature of the work undertaken by the organisation
· A current valid driving licence and the ability to provide a suitable vehicle for work with insurance cover for business use is essential
· To apply for the post, please request an application pack by email [email protected]. The closing date for applications to be returned is midnight on Monday 25th October 2021. Please note that any completed applications received after this date will not be considered. If you do not receive a response within five working days from the closing date, then you have not been selected for interview
· We will be looking to hold interviews on the week commencing Monday 1st November 2021
· Women only applicants can apply for the post as this is an occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1, schedule 9 of the Equality Act under section 7.2e of the Equality Act 2010