Job Title: Male DA Advisor
Salary/ Rate: £24,012
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th July 2021
Hours: 37 hours per week
Benefits: A generous package including 33 days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays (FTE), extra holidays, for long service, Employee pension scheme with 3% employer contribution (after 3 months of employment), Cycle2work Scheme, Life assurance benefit, 365 days a year Employee Assistance Programme
Date of Interview: Tuesday 27th July 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Contract end date: Fixed term for 12 months with potential extension dependant on funding.
TDAS is an independent voluntary organisation which is affiliated to Women’s Aid Federation England. TDAS and has been operating since June 1990. TDAS is a company Limited by guarantee and a registered charity.
TDAS is the only specialist agency in Trafford to deliver both intervention and prevention services to adults and children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.
Purpose of the role
To provide a trauma-informed support service to male victims of DA and play an integral and active part in the community based outreach and projects within Trafford.
You will work as part of a skilled, multi-disciplinary staff team and must be approachable and highly motivated in supporting and encouraging people experiencing domestic violence/abuse to make informed choices in order to determine their own future.
• Provide a person centred, outreach service to males accessing the Outreach Service. This could be via face to face, telephone or other digital means
• Hold and manage a case load as agreed with the Team Leader, in addition to supporting the drop in Service
• Complete initial support and safety/risk assessments for all service users and ensure these are monitored and reviewed on each contact
• To provide support to male service users residing in TDAS Accommodation
• Provide professional advice and guidance to agencies who are working with male victims
• Deliver True Colours© DA peer support awareness programme for male victims
To apply for this position it is essential that you have a NNEB/NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in social care or education.
You must also have minimum of 2 years experience of working with adults or young people in crisis and knowledge and understanding of the effects of domestic abuse on adults, children and young people.
You must be able to assess risk, support plan and deliver services. It is essential that you have an up to date knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
Applicants with minimum qualifications and experience will only be considered. This post is for Male applicants only under schedule 9 (part1) of the Equality act.
Please do not send CVs, as they will not be processed.
No agencies please. For further information please contact [email protected] Tel: 0161 872 7368 An application pack is available to download from www.tdas.org.uk