Job Title: Children and Family Play and Therapy Project Worker
Salary/ Rate: £22,183 (pro rata) £ 11.53 per hour
Closing Date: 9.00am Monday 18th January 2021
Date of Interview: 26th/27th January 2021 (possibly via Zoom video call due to COVID-19)
Hours: · 11 hours a week (2-hour delivery x 3 teatimes, plus fortnightly weekends) 4 hours a week prep
Contract Period: · Fixed term contract 10 month
Stockport Without Abuse is a highly regarded specialist charity, raising awareness of domestic abuse, supporting and empowering individuals and families affected by domestic abuse.
We are looking to recruit a Children and Family Play and Therapy Project Worker for a short term pilot project to:
· increase children’s recognition of their feelings (including physical/somatic sensations)
· increase children’s vocabulary and ability to explain their feelings
· increase children’s socialisation skills
· validate feelings, and help children to understand that it’s okay to have different and/or very strong feelings
· support children to develop helpful strategies to express feelings in ways that are safe
· strengthen positive parenting skills and build positive relationships
You must have experience of working with children and young people and be able to work in a collaborative way and perform to a high standard. If you believe that you have the qualities and skills to meet this challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
Main purpose of the post:
Together with the Senior Play and Therapy Project Worker, you will deliver short burst, practical and therapeutic sessions to support to children and family survivors of domestic violence and abuse based in our safe refuge accommodation. You will be responsible for preparing and co-delivering 3 tea time sessions during the week and a fortnightly weekend session.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please call 0161 477 4294 for an informal discussion.
The job description, person specification and application forms are available to download on our website www.stockportwithoutabuse.org.uk
Please send your completed application, monitoring documents and covering letter to: [email protected]
Applications only – CV’s are NOT accepted for this role