Job Title: Group Facilitator-Children and Young Peoples Service
Salary/ Rate: £15,000 actual per annum
Pension: Pension scheme entitlement after 3 months of employment
Location: Harbour Service -Salford
Closing Date: Friday 18th September @ 5pm
Date of Interview: Wednesday 23rd September
Preferable Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 22.5 hours per week
Contract end date: 31st March 2022
To deliver our specialist Children and Young Peoples project in the Community to a group of children who have or currently are living with domestic abuse and suffering the traumatic effects of such. The CYP group facilitator will provide a trauma informed support service to support children in the local community and deliver specialist domestic abuse workshops and programmes in school and community settings. Additionally they will liaise with schools across the city to our services and deliver training around domestic abuse to professionals.
Main duties will include:
· Deliver TDAS R’Space© programmes for CYP who have or are living in a domestic abuse household.
· Deliver TDAS SOSN© workshops in high schools and community groups
· Coordinate the delivery of our Safer Smarter Futures programme by bringing together external partners for workshop delivery in high schools
· Deliver training to professionals across Salford
· Work closely with primary and high schools and offer a link between them and the Harbour service
· To ensure the close working of the service with operation encompass
· Keep daily recordings which are factual, accurate and up to date. Partnership and multi agency liaison work.
· To be aware of, implement and keep up to date with Child Protection/Safeguarding procedures in accordance with the organisation.
· Provide a welcoming, safe, stimulating and inclusive environment in which children and young people can be supported, enjoy themselves, develop their full potential and meet the requirements of Every Child Matters and current legislation.
To apply for this position it is essential that you have a NNEB/NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification in child care and education, social care or teaching. You must also have minimum of 2 years experience of working with children and young people in crisis and knowledge and understanding of the effects of domestic abuse on men, women, children and young people. You must be able to assess risk, support plan and deliver services. It is essential that you have an up to date knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
Applicants with minimum qualifications and experience will only be considered. Due to the requirements of the role, we are requesting that female only applicants apply. Please do not send CVs, as they will not be processed.
No agencies please. For further information please contact Jade Powell [email protected] Tel: 0161 872 7368 An application pack is available to download from www.tdas.org.uk