WAST aims to:
- Providing a safe and secure women only space and a source of support for each other, social and emotional.
- Empowerment for one another, sharing knowledge and information, skills and experiences.
- Helping each other take forward our asylum applications and run campaigns.
- Promoting and improving our skills and experience.
- Involving ourselves in organisational and community development activities and networking with other groups.
- Raising awareness and lobbying on Women’s Asylum issues.
- Promoting a positive image of asylum seekers.
In Manchester WAST provides a Friday support group and can be contacted at:
Ada House (Accessible building), 77 Thompson Street, Manchester M4 5FY
Telephone: 0161 833 8835